THE PETRIE METHOD©
The Institute for Hypnotherapy since 1957
CAREER COURSE IN HYPNOSIS
INTRODUCTION TO HYPNOTHERAPY
2. THE ART AND SCIENCE OF HYPNOTISM
3. CURRENT USES OF HYPNOSIS
4. THE STRUCTURE OF THE HYPNOTIC TRANCE
5. DEMONSTRATION OF TYPICAL INDUCTION
UNDERSTANDING PRINCIPLES OF HYPNOSIS
1. MULTI-LEVELS OF THE HYPNOTIC STATE
2. HYPNOTIC PHENOMENA
3. THE RELAXATION RESPONSE
4. CLASS PARTICIPATION IN RELAXATION
5. EFFECTIVE HYPNOTIC LANGUAGE CONTRUCTION
6. METHODS AND USES OF SELF HYPNOSIS
7. CLASS PARTICIPATION IN SELF INDUCTION
THE INITIAL INTERVIEW AND SUSEPTIBILITY
1. THE CLINICAL SETTING
2. ETHICS AND PRECAUTIONS
3. ESTABLISHING REALISTIC GOALS
4. THE QUESTION OF CHALLENGES
6. ESTABLISHING BELIEF AND EXPECTATION
7. TESTING FOR HYPNOTIC SUSEPTABILITY
8. CONDITIONING THE SUBJECT
9. OVERCOMING RESISTANCE
10. CLASS PARTICIPATION IN INTAKE AND TESTING
HYPNOTIC INDUCTION AND MANAGEMENT
1. HYPNOTIC SEMANTICS AND VOICE MODULATION
2. ESTABLISHING RAPPORT
3. VARIATIONS OF HYPNOTIC INDUCTION METHODS
4. INDUCING THE HYPNOTIC STATE
5. DETERMINING HYPNOTIC DEPTH
6. MANAGEMENT OF THE TRANCE STATE
7. EFFECTIVELY TERMINATING THE TRANCE
8. CLASS PARTICIPATION OF HYPNOTIC INDUCTION
THE PRACTICE OF PRIVATE OR GROUP HYPNOSIS
1. HYPNOSIS AND PSYCHOTHERAPY
2. WORKING WITH CHILDREN OR THE ELDERLY
3. HYPNOSIS TO OVERCOME NEGATIVE BEHAVIORS
4. CLASS PARTICIPATION IN INDIVIDUAL HYPNOSIS
5. CLASS PARTICIPATION IN GROUP HYPNOSIS
POST HYPNOTIC SUGGESTIONS
1. CREATING POST HYPNOTIC SUGGESTIONS
2. EFFECTIVE CONSTRUCTION OF LANGUAGE
3. FORMULATING SUGGESTIONS DURING TRANCE STATE
4. THE HYPNOTIC DEPTH AND SUGGESTIONS
5. TESTING FOR POST HYPNOTIC EFFECTIVENESS
UNDERSTANDING PRINCIPLES OF HYPNOSIS
1. HOW TO FORMULATE A SCRIPT
2. THE PLACEMENT OF HYPNOTIC SUGGESTIONS
3. PRE-TESTING A RECORDING OR VIDEO
4. RECORDINGS IN GROUP HYPNOSIS
5. CREATING A VIDEO CHANNEL FOR REINFORCEMENT
6. PRECAUTIONS IN THE USE OF RECORDINGS
HOW TO ESTABLISH A SUCCESSFUL PRACTICE
HOW TO BEGIN – Little or no capital is required for an individual practice...How to budget...Tax opportunities...Accounting and legal issues...Establishing an identity in the field of Hypnotherapy...How to obtain the benefits of public relations. PRIVATE APPOINTMENTS – a private appointment is a one on one encounter which may people prefer. Using Hypnosis under those conditions allows the Hypnotherapist to "customize" the hypnotic suggestions to suit the particular needs of the client.
PRIVATE APPOINTMENT INSTRUCTION
The intake...Scheduling...Type of appointment...Time allocations for weight, smoking, self-hypnosis, clinical, reinforcement and alumni...How to select a private office location...Suitable office arrangements...The use of audio and video equipment.
SEMINARS – A seminar is a group meeting conducted by a Hypnotherapist. Seminars are effective, beneficial and lucrative. They contain up to 50 people without loss of efficiency. The Institute for Hypnotherapy has conducted more seminars than any other Hypnosis organization. The Career Course will bring you the benefits of that experience.
GROUP SEMINAR INSTRUCTION
Scheduling...Hotel reservations...Seminar costs...Requirements...Capacity...Brochure schedules...Therapist schedules...Seminar locations...Reinforcements...Alumni.
CORPORATE SEMINARS – Corporations have a keen interest in employee health. Many of the larger corporations have a special department for Human Resources. Seminars that are conducted for corporations are arranged by the corporation and space is normally provided within their location. The Career Course contains the information necessary to build corporate associations.
CORPORATE SEMINAR INSTRUCTION – Contacting the correct individual...Providing literature...Making the presentation...The corporate fee structure...Corporate location...Types of corporate seminars.
ADVERTISING – Professional advertising began more than 50 years ago with careful, tentative ads appearing in local newspapers. Today, professional advertising is sophisticated and widespread, ranging in scope from small ads to large scale "Madison Avenue advertising campaigns. This includes advertising online and the use of Social Media. No one in the field of Hypnosis has had more experience with advertising than the Petrie Method, whether by newspaper, magazine, direct mail, radio or television. Our Career Course teaches the skills of advertising and marketing. It includes the "do's" and "do nots" and covers the gamut of what you need to know to get the best return from each advertising dollar.
ADVERTISING INSTRUCTION – How to advertise...Where to advertise...Advertising mats...Colum widths...Contract costs...Advertising schedules...Advertising budgets...Geographical locations...Evaluating effectiveness...Checking invoices...Advertising placement.
MAILINGS – There are a number of mailing that should be made. Who to write to, when to write and important ingredients. Our Career Course offers a proven method of communication to prospective and past clients.
MAILINGS TO INQUIRES AND CLIENTS – Reinforcement letters to seminar and private clients...Inquiry letter..."No show" letter...Brochures and covering material...monthly seminar schedules.
Contact Us For Further Information